Thursday, March 25, 2010

These Cupcakes Not To Be Taken Internally...

...because they're jewellery!

I have for some time now been admiring (and wanting) various items of cupcake-themed jewellery on various websites. Unfortunately, whilst many of the actual items are reasonably priced, the postage charged by a lot of websites (when they're shipping to Australia) is a killer.

But I was thinking about it the other day, and I thought "you know, the ones you really like the best are the ones made out of polymer clay. Why not make them yourself?" So I did.

It was actually great fun - way easier to work with than sugarpaste! My daughter also loved playing with the clay - you can see her elephant and her "cake" to the right of mine.

For a first attempt, and considering I didn't have any proper pliers, I think my new earrings are not too bad! : ) Hmm.... homemade Christmas presents???

2 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE these earrings! My daughter would think these were about the best thing ever! I'm not sure if I'm talented enough to make them, but I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for posting this!!!

Sugary Flower said...

Thanks Erin! It really was a lot easier than I thought - I'm sure yours will be great. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...