Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

My dad loves fishing. So it was pretty lucky Completely Planned that I had some fish cookies to take over to his place today. (I must admit it was partly because I've been wanting to make some Under The Sea cookies for a while now anyway...)

This little guy's stripes were done using the wet-on-wet technique. This isn't something I do a lot (usually pretty much just for spots), so I was quite happy with how it turned out.

Here he is again, along with some of his friends (for a better view of Crabby, see yesterday's post):

I also made another purple and teal striped design, with the black outline sanded with black sanding sugar, but I wasn't overly happy with how it turned out, so I didn't photograph it. Funnily enough, that one turned out to be Dad's favourite! Oh well...!

Hope all the dads out there are having a great day. And a big Happy Fathers Day to my dad, who I love lots. And also to Husband, who is the best daddy in the world in The Muffin's eyes (and in mine!). Because I think any grown man who is happy to attend his little girl's dance lessons, play My Little Pony for hours on end, and improvise various Disney Handsome Prince roles as required, is pretty much a Superhero.

Update:  I am linking this up to LilaLoa's Fathers Day Linky Party - you should go check out everyone else's.  And yes, I know, we totally have our Father's Day at a different time of year than the US, which means this is kind of an old post now if you've travelled over here from LilaLoa.  But you know what?  I so don't care.  My Dad still liked his cookies.  :o)

1 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your cookies are wonderfully creative. How could your Father not enjoy them? This is my first visit to your blog, so I've taken some extra time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that.I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...