Monday, September 10, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday - Jamboree

My daughter's latest musical obsession is The Muppets.  When I was a kid, my best friend had The Muppet Show Musical Album on vinyl, and we loved it.  Now, The Muffin is loving it too.

So for this week's muffin tin, we decided to use one of the songs for our theme:  Jamboree, sung by Gonzo (go check it out, it's so cool!)  The Muffin likes this song because of all the fun, nonsensical things Gonzo "sees", but there's a nice message here too, about making the best of what life gives you, and the importance of imagination.

Here's our tin:


Top Row:  "Cows playing cellos, with bananas where their horns should be" (represented here by a piece of banana);  "Flags being waved by ducks in buckets"(Pasta in cream sauce, bacon duck, red capsicum flag);  "Pigs drinking lemon tea" (water with lemon juice and a little apricot juice mixed in - with an egg cup pig).
Bottom Row:  "Penguins throwing popcorn" (that pick is a penguin - unfortunately I didn't notice it wasn't cooperating when I took the photo);  "Chickens on a well-dressed moose" (apple moose, chicken pick);  "Well you go run from thunder, and you stay away from rain - but I'll be lookin' for the colours in the puddles, to see my jamboree!" (pale blue yoghurt puddle, with rainbow sprinkles and a few mini M&Ms).

The Muffin was THRILLED, and she ate the lot, apart from the capsicum flag.  She hates capsicum - but she did take a tiny bite out of the corner of it, so I consider that a success!  I was really pleased she ate all the pasta, too, as she's usually not a fan of cream, and this was a full-on cream sauce.

To see what other lucky kids got in their tins this week, check out The Muffin Tin Mom's blog!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! I love the chickens in costume.

Anonymous said...

So fun and cute! Looks delicious, too! I learned something new today since I had to look up what capsicum was :)

Sugary Flower said...

Hee hee - that's right, you guys call them peppers, don't you?

Ludicrous Mama said...

When we have noodles in cream sauce, we just tell her it's "Fairy Mac and Cheese," because fairies need the cheese sauce to be drippier. Works like a charm. She gobbles it down!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...