Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Muffin Tin Monday - Down On The Farm

Happy Muffin Tin Monday!  I haven't posted a muffin tin for a while, but we have been doing them most weeks.  In fact I had two to share with you today - one space themed, one Star Wars themed - but then I found out that the home of Muffin Tin Monday has changed.  The reins have now been handed over to Melissa over at Another Lunch, and the really cool news is, she has reintroduced scheduled themes!  Hurrah!  This is great news for me as sometimes I am lazy and can't be bothered have trouble thinking of a theme, whereas if one is handed to me, I am often more inspired to be creative.  It sounds weird, I know - being more creative when I'm not creating the theme myself - but I guess it's like finding it easier to choose something if you have less choices to choose from!

Anyway, The Point Is, this week's theme is Down On The Farm.  And since my daughter just loves animals, I decided to go ahead and join in!  I'll show you the space ones some other time, if I'm not really inspired by the official theme that week...



Top Row:  Hammer cookie (representing all the hard work the farmer has to do around the farm);  Chopped apple and pear with hen and dog picks (although the picks are not terribly visible in this photo);  Boiled egg Sheep with bocconcini head and legs.

Bottom Row:  Cheese hens with carrot details;  Bread-and-butter cow with Vegemite spots;  Carrot sticks for the ponies to eat (three of the muffin cups are paper ones with ponies on them).

I didn't take an After Shot this time, but she ate almost everything:  two carrot sticks and a few small bits of apple were left.  I was Very Proud of my sheep.  The Muffin pronounced it "too cute to eat".  Then she ate it anyway.  :o)

To see what other lucky kids got for dinner/lunch/snack this Monday, check out the new home of Muffin Tin Monday, at Another Lunch.  While you're there, have a look at some of her bento lunches;  they are super cute!

I'd also just like to acknowledge & thank Michelle (the Muffin Tin Mom) for hosting Muffin Tin Monday over the last few years - I have had a lot of fun joining in!  Hopefully Muffin Tin Monday has many happy years still ahead of it with its new host - and hopefully my girl won't decide she's too big for it for a long while yet!

6 comments:

Sharla said...

I just pinned this to my "Farm" board as we are planning to do a Farm unit coming up this summer and I am of course planning a muffin tin lunch to go along with it. You've got some super cute ideas!

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the sheep and chickens

Beth at Structure in an Unstructured Life said...

Oh my goodness - every single part of this is adorable! Especially love the cow and chickens!! :)

Jenni Price said...

Such an adorable muffin tin! Really creative and really cute!

I am Koogle... said...

Wonderful "Down On The Farm" meal. So glad you shared at MTM. (Welcome back!) Please continue to share (at MTM)...because I find your lunches to be so creative and inspiring! I mean really -- who else would have thought of a hammer??! Perfect!

Sugary Flower said...

Thanks for your lovely comments everyone! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...