Monday, July 16, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday - Iiin Spaaaaace!


It's Muffin Tin Monday again, and The Muffin and I decided on an Outer Space theme this week:-


Top Row:  Vegemite & cheese sandwich Star and Moon;  Banana slice Planets (you can just see Saturn on the right there with its ring.  Jupiter is at the bottom of the cup - I carved it out of two lengthways-slices of banana so it would be noticeably bigger than the other planets, with the result that it wasn't able to stand up); 
Milky Way Magic Stars  (okay, I confess, these are totally The Entire Reason we are having an outer space theme at all.  I saw them at the supermarket and cast around desperately for an excuse to buy them.  Muffin Tin Monday seemed as good an excuse as any.  They're so cute with their teeny little faces - squee!  Oh yeah, and they're yummy also).

Bottom Row:  Potato shark "Sun"  (oh yes, I know this is a long shot.  But she really wanted these in her lunch, and we couldn't think of what to call them, and then she noticed we hadn't made a sun, so...);  Yoghurt with stars;  Mars (It's a strawberry.  The red planet, get it, get it??)

I do have a rocket-shaped cookie cutter which I wanted to use on her sandwich, but The Muffin vetoed that idea immediately (she is SUCH a girl!), so a star and a moon it was.

She left some of the yoghurt, but ate everything else.

To see what other kids ate today, go check out The Muffin Tin Mom's blog.

But if you come back here later this week, I promise you some sugar!

3 comments:

Sharla said...

Great tin! I had to laugh at the part about you planning a tin to justify buying a certain food - glad I'm not the only one that does that!!!

Beth said...

Great idea! I've been thinking of doing a space themed MTM as well because my boys are very into Angry Birds Space! :) I might have to borrow some of your ideas!

Sarah :) said...

OMG I love this Muffin Tin Monday thing!! And as an ex every-job-that-relates-to-children worker lady I LOVE themes for all things child related - especially when it means fun and healthy food :) These are so brilliant, your little muffin is very lucky to have parents dedicated to nurturing both her nutrition and imagination :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...