Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday In Wonderland


It's Muffin Tin Monday - and it's Book Week!

The Muffin's school has a dress-up day for the Monday of Book Week, and The Muffin went as Alice.  So I thought it would be nice to do an Alice in Wonderland theme for her dinner Muffin Tin.


Top Row:  Bananas with coconut, lemon & yoghurt (with an "eat me" sign);  Chocolate chip cookie (which prompted a discussion as to whether or not the cookies in the White Rabbit's house actually were chocolate chip or not, the book being non-specific on this subject);  two Naan bread teapots.

Bottom Row:  Ham "rose" (use your imagination);  Green sauce in a red Heart cup;  White Rice Rabbit.

The "green sauce" is a sort of pureed raita:  yoghurt, cucumber, spinach leaves, lemon juice and salt.  The Muffin likes it on her rice.

Incidentally, what you're looking at here is a curry night.  Husband and I love hot food, and The Muffin can't tolerate it at all.  So when we fancy a curry, we have one - and I also make a selection of side dishes (either yellow rice or coconut rice, naan bread or paratha bread, green sauce, the banana/coconut mixture, etc).  The Muffin is quite happy to sit down to a meal of just the side dishes, and that way Husband and I still get to have our curry!  It works well for us.

The After Shot:


It kind of looks like she didn't touch the green sauce, but she did actually eat quite a bit of it (although maybe a little less than usual) - the picture is a bit deceiving.  She usually scoffs this coconut rice, too, but to make it rabbit-shaped I put in in a sushi rice mold, so I had to serve it cold.  She said it was fine cold, but really I think she likes it better warm.

To see what other mums did this week, check out The Muffin Tin Mom's blog.

But Wait - There's More!  Bonus Bento!

This is what Alice The Muffin took to school for lunch:


The "Eat Me" cupcakes are made of apple.  The brown heart-shaped thing is a pile of three pikelets, spread with Nutella (and sprinkled with red edible glitter).  The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

She also had a label on her drink bottle:


We love Book Week!  Does your school celebrate it?

8 comments:

LilaLoa said...

Every single week when you post these I tell myself that I am going to start doing this....and then I don't. But this time -- THIS TIME I mean it!! These are too cute and too healthy not to make for my own kids!!

Anonymous said...

VeRy cUtE! Sounds very yummy, too...although I would've enjoyed the spicy curry, too!

Kathy said...

Such a cute theme!

Candy Girl said...

These are adorable! I've got Alice In Wonderland on my bento to do list and you've given me some fabulous inspiration :)

I’ve awarded you the One Lovely Blog & Very Inspiring Blogger Award! You can find out all about it by clicking here You’re under no obligation to accept it, I just wanted to recognize you :) Thanks for blogging so awesomely!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

Love the Alice in Wonderland theme!! Everything is adorable -from the teapot to the bunny to the "eat me" pick.

Meredith said...

What cute meals. I love the teapots!! Your details are wonderful.

Unknown said...

Wow those look amazing especially the apple cupcakes!

Candy Girl said...

This is one of my favourite posts of yours! I love your cakes too. I'm so glad you linked it up to my Through the Looking Glass Linky Party, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...