Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall...

... who's got the fairest lunch of all?

The Muffin's class was studying the letter P this week, and had a Pirates & Princesses dress-up day as part of the P-related fun.

The Muffin decided to go as Snow White, so I offered to do her a Snow White themed bento. Then I got a little carried away...


Snow White is made of rice balls - a round white one with nori hair for the head, a bodice-shaped one with a teeny bit of blue food colouring, skinny white ones for arms, and a white skirt-shaped one with cheese laid on top. Her sleeves are thick pieces of cheese, which I attempted to draw on with a red food marker (these never work well for me on cheddar). Her eyes and mouth are nori, her cheeks are painted with a tiny bit of tomato sauce, and the bow in her hair is rice paper coloured in with red food marker. I filled a heart-shaped silicon cup with ham, for her to eat with the rice balls.

The Muffin also had an apple (you Just Can't have Snow White without an apple!), some grapes, and a piece of fairy bread with a cracker on top. I made the fairy bread with silver sprinkles, and pink and yellow ones around the edges (for the frame). I told The Muffin "It's supposed to look like a Mirror". She looked at it oddly, and said "It doesn't at all". Don't you just love five-year-old honesty? (Actually I can't say I blame her on this one.)

To be honest, this lunch did take kind of forever to make, and I wouldn't do this kind of thing every day. But it was fun, and The Muffin loved it.

I'm linking this up to What's For Lunch Wednesday over at BentoLunch.net - why not go and check out what other lucky kids got for lunch this week?

3 comments:

berrygirl@mommy kiki can! said...

What a sweet and lovely lunch...you KNOW I love the girly things!!

Rina @ Bento School Lunches said...

Such a pretty lunch, you are so creative :)

GretchenP said...

thanks for the nice comment on my MTM! :) wow you make some amazing muffin tins and bentos! thanks for the great inspiration!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...