Monday, March 5, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday - Pancakes!

If you've read much at all of this blog, you'll know I love to bake. And actually, I quite like all cooking - and I'm not bad at most of it, but baking's my real thing.

Husband does not cook at all. Except for pancakes.

He is a Pancake God, I kid you not. And I'm not talking about any shake 'n' bake nonsense - oh no, my man makes pancakes from scratch. And my pancakes are nowhere near as good as his. Which is not a euphemism. Anyway, so where I'm going with this is, it's a public holiday here today, so Husband made pancakes for lunch. While he was busy mixing, pouring and flipping, The Muffin and I organised all the toppings, and popped them into a muffin tin:

Top Row: Ham; Natural yoghurt; Bananas; Mixed berries.
Middle Row: Grated cheese; Bananas; Leftover roast chicken; Grated cheese.
Bottom Row: Grated cheese; Natural yoghurt; Tinned apple; Apricot jam.
Also: I defaced the first pancake out of the pan by cutting the word "Monday" out of it with alphabet cookie cutters. This was The Muffin's suggestion, and she enjoyed sorting through all the alphabet cutters and finding the correct letters, and then laying the pancake letters out on the tin in the correct order.

There's no After Shot this time, because obviously the three of us shared the toppings tin, so it wouldn't be indicative of what The Muffin actually ate. She topped her first one with ham and cheese, and then had me pop it under the griller for her to melt the cheese. Then she had one with apple, bananas, berries, apricot jam and yoghurt, all mixed together. She picked it up, folded it in half and ate it like a massive taco - it was hilarious. And then, she ate most of the "Monday" letters dipped in maple syrup. Piggy!

(And in case you're wondering, yes we do normally enforce Better Table Manners Than That - but with Muffin Tin Monday, we tend to relax a little and let her have some fun with it).

To see what other lucky kids got to eat this week, check out The Muffin Tin Mom's blog.

3 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

This is very cute! That's great she ate so well :-)

Unknown said...

Pancakes- oh the possibilities! Yummmmmm!

SnoopyGirl said...

Love all the toppings and the "Monday"! Nicely done as always my dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...