Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rainbow Hearts Cake

You may have seen this cake by Bakerella - it's just gorgeous, and I think the single pink heart is a stroke of genius.

It's also massive. The Muffin and I decided we would like to make our own smaller version for my mother's sixtieth birthday (Happy Birthday Mum!). And as a little nod to St Patrick's Day, we thought we'd embrace the rainbow...


Here is the back view (or, What It Would Look Like Without The Colours):

Inside the top tier was dark chocolate mudcake. Inside the bottom tier, the rainbow continued...

I was pretty happy with how this turned out. I'm still a little unsure about my use of gold cachous around the bottom though... I had some vague idea about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but to be honest by that time it was one in the morning, so I refuse to be held accountable for any decisions made at that point.

What do you think? Should I have used white ones?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...