Monday, October 10, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday - Hearts for Dinner, and a Clever Little Cookie

Happy Muffin Tin Monday everyone! This week we were out at lunch time, so we went for a simple Hearts theme for our MTM, at dinner time:


Top Row: Sausage; Spinach leaf hearts; Yoghurt with heart sprinkles.

Bottom Row: Cucumber hearts, and carrot sticks; Shepherds pie; Banana chips.

The After Shot:


Madam was Not Amused at having to eat a piece of cucumber. I reminded her that the rule of Muffin Tin Monday (in our house, anyway) is that she has to eat one thing (or a bit of it, if it's big) from each compartment. You should have seen the performance, facial-expression-wise. This kid should be on the stage. But she Suffered through one small piece of cucumber, all the same. Probably scared I wouldn't let her eat the banana chips if she didn't. :o)

To see what other mums fed their kiddies this week, check out the Muffin Tin Mom's blog.

But Wait - There's More!

Look what my Clever Girl did:


These were The Muffin's entry into this year's Perth Royal Show (decorated cookies class). She received no help at all with these - mixed her own icing colours and everything. She didn't get a prize, but the judges said she came very close to getting the Honorable Mention over an eight-year-old - and she's only four! I think they are beautiful, and I am a Very Proud Mummy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Her cookies are wonderful! I heart your lunch!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I am so impressed with those cookies! My 4 year old definitely couldn't pull that off!

The Special K's(0: said...

SO CUTE!!! I love your spinach hearts and tasty looking cookies! Mm...now I need to make sugar cookies(0:

Lindsi B said...

GREAT!!!!! Love the pretty hearts and those flower cookies turned out fantastic!

kewkew said...

Your tin looks wonderful. And the cookies are so cute. Even I can't make sugar cookies that good.

Emma's Lunch said...

Wow! Those cookies are amazing! I cant believe she did it all on her own!

I wanted to stop by and let you know that I’m running a Muffin Tin Challenge on my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Emmas-Lunch/129254923796105. All you need to do is take a picture of your muffin tin and post it to the Emma’s Lunch page by Monday October 17th. You will automatically enter into a draw to win a lunch box for your child!

I hope you’ll join in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...