Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday (Easter!) plus Bonus Bunny Bento

Yesterday was Muffin Tin Monday. We finally got ourselves into gear and made an Easter tin for dinner!

Top Row: Bunny pick with carrot circles; Banana, yoghurt, lime juice & coconut mixture (leftovers from our Indian meal the night before); mini chocolate cupcake with salted caramel buttercream and Easter Egg sprinkles.

Bottom Row: Pikelet chicks with "Mummy Chicken" pick; Easter Bunny bread roll; Pumpkin soup (which is what Husband and I were having).

I was very pleased with how the Easter Bunny bread roll turned out - and it was So Easy! This was a parbaked "Bake At Home" type roll (which we love, and often have with soup), and I just cut a thin wedge out of its head after it was cooked, and then drew the features on with Gourmet Writers. I could even butter it through the hole, so its face wasn't destroyed in the buttering process.

The After Shot:
I was amazed she didn't eat more of the bread roll. Then again, this probably was quite a lot of food, and I think the allure of the cupcake was all too much.

To see what other lucky kids had for breakfast, lunch or dinner this week, check out The Muffin Tin Mom's blog.

But Wait - There's More!

The Muffin also had this bunny bento for lunch yesterday at school:

Dried cranberries, most of a banana with Easter stickers, two TrueFruit bunny heads, pretzel sticks, carrot flowers, and a bunny face & three small egg-shaped sandwiches. Yummy!

3 comments:

Rina @ Bento School Lunches said...

I love your muffin tin especially the bread bunny and the lunch bunny looks cute with the eggs :)

Michelle said...

Wow that bunny roll is adorable. I also love the idea of the stickers on the banana. I will have to remember that when I start packing lunches for the girls to take to school!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

love the bunny roll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...