Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Snow White Cookies

The Muffin and I decided to decorate some cookies just for fun on the school holidays. I let The Muffin choose the cutters she wanted (girly girly ones of course), and then she had a good idea: "Mummy let's each choose a Princess and do that theme of cookies!" She (predictably) chose Cinderella, but I'd been looking for an excuse to try out my new mini apple cutter, so I chose Snow White.

As it was mainly an activity for The Muffin to enjoy, I let her have most of the control over shapes etc, which meant I only got two: a couple of dresses, and a whole lot of apples! Here's what I came up with:

Poisoned apple, anyone?

No, no, Snow White - don't eat it...!

Oh... too late.

Interestingly, these cookies were all decorated exclusively with 20-second icing (normally I'm an outline-and-flood girl). I loved the way the 20-second icing worked for the sleeves on the Snow White dress - made them nice and puffy. Also the apples. I think 20-second icing is definitely the go for these little mini cookies, and it just goes to show that it can be used to flood and add detail to a larger cookie if you are feeling lazy in a hurry (the red detailing on the front of the bodice was still 20-second icing - I just used a #1 tip after the main part of the dress had more or less dried). The slashes on the sleeves were done using the wet-on-wet technique.

And if you're wondering, here are the cookies The Muffin decorated:

You can't see it, but her dress was all sparkly - you know, from the Fairy Godmother's magic.

It was a fun day!

1 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

These turned out amazing!

I guess I don't know my icings - I had no clue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...