Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Oi, oi, oi!

I made these cookies for a little pre-and-post-fireworks get-together. They are my usual sugar cookie recipe, with cocoa substituted for some of the flour. I also added some coconut flavouring extract to the icing, as the idea was for them to be vaguely lamington-flavoured. That idea really didn't come through at all, but they tasted fine. I must admit though, the more different flavours I try with these cookies, the more I like my usual lemon ones. Definitely they are my favourite. I'd like to find a really good chocolate cutout cookie recipe though...

It was quite a change for my flag cutters not to be pirate flags for once! But I also thought my palm tree cutter worked fairly well as fireworks. They were glittery too, but you can't really tell in the photos...

Happy Australia Day, everyone!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...