Monday, January 31, 2011

Spotty Muffin Tin Monday

It's Muffin Tin Monday! We didn't follow the theme today (which is "Favourite Foods"). I had great plans for this theme, but they involved a mini pizza, and once again my little Muffin is not feeling 100% (apparently she has some kind of "recurring virus", and I am SO OVER IT, you have no idea). So the plans were changed "because I don't think my little tummy wants pizza today, Mummy".

She was feeling well enough to enjoy what she did have though. We went with a Spotty theme (sort of), as The Muffin had her birthday party over the weekend and it was a Spotty Party (her choice. I have no idea where that came from). So she enjoyed carrying her party theme over, albeit rather vaguely...


Top Row: Mars bar (a prize received at her party); fruit skewers (plum, banana Spots, grape Spots); strawberry pikelets (ie a slice - Spot! - of strawberry cooked into the middle of each pikelet).

Bottom Row: Carrot Spots; Yoghurt with a few sprinkles on top; Vegemite sandwich Spots.

The After Shot:

Yes, the Mars bar is still in its wrapper. Now before you keel over in shock, remember she wasn't feeling the best today. I tried to talk her out of having the Mars bar in the tin in the first place, but she pushed for it, so I agreed. After eating most of the other stuff though, she said "Mummy I don't think I want my chocolate now. I'm full". Which I was really glad about, as I'm sure her stomach wouldn't have been thrilled to receive it.

Side note: The Muffin was not alone eating her MTM lunch today. One of her birthday presents was a toy baking set for her little kitchen, including utensils, a pretend oven mitt, a few mini baking tins etc, - and - you guessed it - a little muffin tin! So while I was making her lunch, The Muffin was busy making lunch for her Best (plush) Friend...

Happy Muffin Tin Monday, Swimmy!

To see what other mums did this week, head over to The Muffin Tin Mom's blog...
Oh, and by the way - thank you so much to everyone who voted for me in Cupcake Mystery Box. I didn't make the top five, but I appreciate your support none the less! :o)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both lunches. It was wonderful to fix something for her special friend to eat!

Hope she feels better soon.

SnoopyGirl said...

Spot on my dear! Love the theme. Hope your little muffin feels better soon!

Dannyelle said...

I just love your little ones muffin tin for her stuffed toy. So much fun! Hope she's feeling better soon.
Dannyelle at www.lifeisaparty.ca

Anonymous said...

What a cute lunch and cute MTM theme. Hope everyone is feeling well soon!

Sharon said...

Cute!

Ludicrous Mama said...

Love your spotty tin, and LOVE her lovie tin! Mine did that with her little cupcake play set she got for Christmas. I love when they emulate us! It makes me not only feel loved, but my efforts feel valued. (Almost) makes up for all the times she just DEMANDS a "beautiful lunch" (her name for our MTM and bento meals) instead of just being happy when I decide to make them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...