Monday, January 23, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday - Purple Problem!

You may or may not recall a muffin tin I did a while ago, which was inspiredLink by a book called "Chicken, Pig, Cow Horse Around", by Ruth Ohi. The Muffin loves these books (so do I!), and for a while now she has been suggesting another Chicken, Pig, Cow tin, based on one of the other books in the series.

Today we decided on Chicken, Pig, Cow And The Purple Problem.



This is another lovely book by Ruth Ohi - this time, Cow has decided that other cows are not purple, so she shouldn't be, either. After the ensuing adventure, Cow learns that it is okay to be different, and that her friends don't care what colour her spots are, as long as she is still Cow.

Top Row: Bread and butter Squirrel with two string cheese baby squirrels; Bread and cheese Chicken (not nearly as good as the Chicken in my last CPC tin); Lollipop Pig.

Bottom Row: Bread cow (two, actually, stacked); Mixture of yoghurt, a little cream cheese, and a tiny bit of black food colouring - oh, and a spinach leaf; Crushed cashew nuts.

Pig was made by sticking a pink jellybean onto an Allens Lollipop, and adding heart shaped sprinkles for ears.


Not sure about these string cheese squirrels, but The Muffin was convinced:

But the real fun was recreating part of the story, when Cow finds some grey mud, some brown seeds and a leaf, and proceeds to become "more like a real cow"...

This was VERY messy, but lots of fun - and she ate the cream cheese! Normally she won't touch the stuff, but diluted heavily with yoghurt, it was apparently fine. She was quite shocked to hear there was cream cheese in it (after she'd admitted to liking it!)

The After Shot:

I was quite surprised she didn't eat more of the cashews. I think they were maybe just a bit too messy this way. Normally she'll eat heaps of them (whole, that is).

To check out what other mums put in their tins this week, go to The Muffin Tin Mom's blog.

Lots of sweeties coming up on Sugary Flower in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned!

12 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh cuteness! I so love the squirrel with the babies.

Unknown said...

I love your animals! What a cute lunch!

Tonya Hache said...

Love this cute meal!

Ruth Ohi said...

Dear Sugary Flower,
Omigosh, this is *so* awesome. One, that The Muffin asked for more "Chicken, Pig,Cow" stories--hooray! And two, you encouraging literacy in the most delicious ways! And tying in the actual storyline to boot?!!!! Wow. Hoping it's okay if I share/link this on my website. Best, ruth

~LKB said...

Such a cute meal! The animals are adorable! Great job!

SnoopyGirl said...

What a adorable meal. So cute!

Niki said...

I love it! Not only is it a great inspiration for muffin tins, but now I have a new book series I need to look for! Thanks!

YummyInspirations said...

Such a pretty purple meal!

Sugary Flower said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.
Ruth Ohi - I would be SO HONOURED if you chose to link to me again!! Wow!

Perogyo said...

This is so amazing!!! My kids love Chicken Pig and Cow, so this will be perfect to adapt for a bento for them. Mind if I borrow your ideas?

Ruth Ohi said...

Hi Sugary Flower. Just wanted to let you know that Annick Press and the people who optioned the series for animation (Wizard Hat) have linked to you on their facebook/websites. I've also been sharing your work during my many school visits--everyone loves Sugary Flower's creations. Thanks again for thinking of my books for your edible masterpieces. Best, Ruth

Sugary Flower said...

Medea - please do!

Ruth - good heavens - I guess this means I'm famous now! Thank you so much, I am so happy that you liked my take on your wonderful stories (and I'm excited to see there's a new one out!) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...