Monday, May 23, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday - Cupcakes! (and Bonus Bento)

My daughter had a bit of an unusual lunch today at kindy (ie it didn't involve a sandwich). I would love to say that this was due to me giving her different and interesting meal alternatives to expand her growing palate. Actually it was because we ran out of bread and I couldn't be bothered making any.


This is The Muffin's 2-tier bento box, which we bought online for around $15. Which hurt a little, when I hear about all the American bento mums going down to their local shops and paying $3 or $5. But it didn't hurt as much as going to a specialty store here and paying $30. Yeah. Bento boxes are kind of a designer-or-nothing thing here...

Anyway, The Muffin loves her pink bento box (which has a pink plaid pattern on the lid, and a fork and spoon built in). For fruit time, she had tinned apples with frozen raspberries mixed in (I really need to go shopping. However I do not feel guilty about this fruit - it probably has more vitamins than the "fresh" ones at the supermarket anyway). For her lunch, she had a cheese and corn muffin, cheese bunnies, carrot bunnies, spinach leaves, and a bunny-face shaped egg.

But today is also Muffin Tin Monday! Our theme today is Cupcakes:


Top Row: Banana; Dark & White Fudge Cupcake; Tinned pineapple.

Bottom Row: Cupcake shaped Vegemite sandwich (I cut the "icing" half of the top piece of bread off and turned it upside down, so the Vegemite is showing - hopefully it looks like chocolate icing); Yoghurt with sprinkles; Mashed potato "cupcake" with olive "cherry".


The After Shot:


The Muffin was pleased with this tin, but not terribly interested in eating the mashed potato. It probably is a bit of an odd thing to eat for afternoon tea. But we had leftovers, and I couldn't resist piping into a cupcakey swirl for this tin. She liked the look of it, but only ate three small spoonfuls. Everything else was a hit.

To see what other lucky kids have been eating today, go to the home of Muffin Tin Mondays!

7 comments:

GretchenP said...

lol! omg.. YOU should be writing my blog post!! i came to realize i am no pirate thanks for the comment..it just totally made my day! :) p.s. ..you're even better the the english to pirate translators i googled! :)

Becky @ Fakin It said...

I love the cupcake theme!! Soo cute!

Lizz said...

I love your cupcake sandwich! So cute. Great tin.

kewkew said...

Love the Bento lunch. Definitely don't need bread at every meal. Your cupcake tin is so creative. The sandwich definitely looks like a cupcake with frosting.

sara d. said...

cute cupcakes! :)

SnoopyGirl said...

Your Bento meal is cute and looks delicious. I also love the cupcake themed meal. The vegemite sandwich is so cute! Great job!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

So funny about the not having bread thing. That happened to me today!! Such a cute tin as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...