Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday - Weather

Lately we've been having a lot of weather around here - as in, lots of different sorts. I guess it's just that time of year - warm and sunny one day, raining and cold the next. So I decided on a weather theme for today's Muffin Tin Monday.

First I got some appropriately coloured cupcake papers out, and popped them in the tin. Then I got all the foods ready on a board, and then got The Muffin to match each food to which colour cupcake paper she thought it should go with (eg Me: "What type of weather is white?" Her: "Snow." Me: "So which of these things goes in the snow?" Her: "The polar bear!")


Top Row: Sunny (clementine segments); Cloudy (cheese clouds cut with a squished flower cutter); Rain (umbrella cookie).

Bottom Row: Cold (frozen berries); Snow (yoghurt in a bear-shaped cup); Hot (or Warm, really - sausage).

The yoghurt polar bear's facial features were cut out using my new nori cutter - yay!!



The After Shot:


I was quite pleased with my idea for this tin, but was pleasantly surprised at how well it went over. The Muffin was quite excited about it - I think maybe because of the matching game at the beginning. She told me this tin was one of the best ones ever!

To see what other mums are feeding their offspring this Monday, go to The Muffin Tin Mom's blog! Oh and by the way, a note to the other MTM mums... if I'm not leaving comments on your blog at the moment, it's not because I don't think your tin is awesome. It's because for some reason Blogger won't let me comment on most blogs at the moment. As in, for the last week. Which is annoying. I keep reminding myself that Blogger is a free service. And I am trying to be patient, I am trying to be patient, I am trying to be patient....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love it !
I am 50/50 on getting comments to post too :(

Becky @ Fakin It said...

I love the bear cup with the cute face! What a fun lunch!

lisa9999 said...

A great tin. I love the polar bear.

Unknown said...

Cute tin! The bear and umbrella are such fun!

Unknown said...

Very cute theme! I love the little polar bear :D

Blogger can be a pain sometimes, I have noticed for me it depends on which browser I am using.

Ludicrous Mama said...

Super cute! Those nori punches are just the most fun things EVER! I got, like, 10 of them, then proceeded to not ever bother using them. *sigh* I just haven't had time lately to pull out all the stops.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...