Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cupcakes for a Little Star!

Remember those red velvet cupcakes I put in the freezer the other day? They are no more.


My cousin's daughter celebrated her 8th birthday the other night, so I took the rest of the cupcakes along. I decided they needed something a bit bright and sparkly (because the birthday girl is bright and sparkly!), so I sprinkled the frosting with pink nonpareils, red sanding sugar and pink edible glitter.

From there, I did two different "types" of cupcake: the ones in the white papers were popped into a gorgeous shimmery red "Little Star" cupcake wrapper (I bought these on sale some time ago for just such an occasion as this), and topped with a red coloured white chocolate star.


The ones in the red papers were topped with chocolate lollipops. These were really easy to make, and the kids went mad for them. All I did was melt some dark chocolate, put blobs of it onto some baking paper using a teaspoon, and add a lollipop stick. Then I sprinkled them with some pink nonpareils and edible glitter, and popped them in the fridge to set. Once they were set hard, I added some red chocolate stars to match the cupcakes, but you could put anything on them. Or even just leave them all sprinkly and sparkly.


And the verdict on the frozen cupcakes? They were just fine - I would say this is a viable cupcake to freeze. (Although obviously there's Nothing Like a cupcake that's just come out of the oven, I do like to have Ready-To-Go cupcakes in my freezer for when I'm feeling lazy unexpected guests.)

Hope you are all finding something yummy to eat this week! Later this week: Cookies!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These look amazing! What wonderful cupcakes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...