Monday, August 15, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday - Ponies!

It's Muffin Tin Monday! For this week's snack, we did a pony theme...


Top Row: Pikelet horseshoes; My Little Pony Fruit Tail; Apples.

Bottom Row: Apples; Pony Vegemite sandwich with sprinkle tail & mane; Carrot.

The apples and carrots are Ponies' Favourite Snacks, hence their inclusion. The carrot is actually out of our garden - I thought it would be cute to pull an immature one out and include it in this tin as a Pony Snack.

The Fruit Tail is quite cute:


Despite being included in the muesli bar/"healthy" snacks section at the supermarket (!), these are essentially lollies. Sure, they're made with a bit of fruit juice. But let's not kid ourselves here - they're lollies. Basically they are like a lolly snake, with a molded shape at one end - there are different licensed characters available, one of which is My Little Pony. They smell yummy, but I can not comment on the flavour, as I was not offered a taste.

The After Shot:

The only thing The Muffin was unenthusiastic about was the carrot. She requested (and got) some tomato sauce to dip it in, but still wasn't keen. I had a little bite, and can kind of see what she meant. The carrot was a bit too immature to be nice to eat raw. So not a bad effort on her part, really.

To see what other mums did this week, check out The Muffin Tin Mom's blog.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your sandwich is so cute! JDanile loves fruit chews but, I hwave steered him towards dried fruit instead.

Samantha said...

I LOVE that pony sandwich. That is amazing! Great job mama!

SnoopyGirl said...

Your meal looks like a real hit. Love all the ponies... especially the vegemite sandwich and the fruit leather.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Great tin! We very rarely do those fruit chews - they just have so much sugar. Every once in a while though! :-)

Sugary Flower said...

Yeah, like I said: they can call it what they like. I (AND my daughter) know that it is a lolly. I don't buy them for her - this one was from her "stash" (from birthday party loot bags and such).

Michelle said...

What a cute pony sandwich!! My daughter loves horses she would really enjoy this muffin tin lunch :0) What is Vegemite I have never heard of it before???

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

seriously? could that horse sandwich be any more awesome?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...